Pinch Farm and Crime Lake
The stone hut at the top of Waterhouses locks, with the spillway to the right. [1960s] [Photo: Peter Caunt]
The spillway that takes surplus water straight downto the River Medlock. (1960s) [Photo: John Green]
Waterhouses Junction, with the spillway to the left, the Fairbottom Branch to the right and Pinch Farm in the background. [1960s] [Photo: Peter Caunt]
Looking towards Pinch Farm and footbridge from the spillway (late 1960s). [Photo: Stephen Desmond]
Pinch Farm and Footbridge. (1920s?). [Photo: Garry Jones of Littlemoss]
Crime Lane Aqueduct and the footbridge that gives access to Pinch Farm (1962). [Photo: Chris K. Potter Archive]
Read article about Crime Lane Aqueduct.
Rowing boat on Crime Lake (1960s). [Photo: Leonard Kaye courtesy Oldham Local Studies Library]
Crime Lake. Notice a line of amusement slot machines on the left and a rowing boat on the right (1960s). [Photo: Leonard Kaye courtesy Oldham Local Studies Library]
Hand-coloured postcard showing visitors at Crime Lake (1910s).
Crowds enjoying a day out at Crime Lake (1910s). [Photo: Garry Jones of Littlemoss]
Hand-coloured postcard showing the steam boat Pioneer at Crime Lake (1905). [Photo: Garry Jones of Littlemoss]
Local artist L.S. Lowry painted at least two views of Crime Lake.
Rowing boats lined up outside the boathouse on Crime Lake (1930s). [Photo: Garry Jones of Littlemoss]
Hiring out rowing boats on Crime Lake is Tommy Dunstan, left (1930s). [Photo: Garry Jones of Littlemoss]
Go to next page: Woodhouses and Cutler Hill
[Back to previous page - Waterhouses Locks 20 - 22]
[Back to: Photo Gallery Index Page]
Photos credited to Chris K. Potter Archive: these may be freely reproduced subject to acknowledgement of "Chris K. Potter Archive" as source.
Other photos may not be reproduced without permission of the photographer or collector.